Setting up Email on an iPhone or iPad
Employees and students can setup the native mail app on an iOS device to send and receive email from their OBU email account. The following settings are specific to setting up the native Mail app on iOS, but the steps should be similar on all Apple iPhones and iPads.
OBU tech services recommends using the Outlook app that is available to download through the Apple AppStore as the best solution for syncing your OBU email to an iOS device.
If you would like to use the native Apple mail app, please use the steps below to setup that connection.
- Open your device open Settings
- Select Passwords & Accounts
- Select Add Account
- Select Exchange
- Enter your OBU email address in the Email field
- Enter a description for what you what you want to call the account on your device
- Select Next
- At the popup prompt, select Configure Manually
- Enter your OBU password in the Password Field
- Enter server.office365.com in the Server field
- Leave the Domain field Blank
- Enter your OBU email address in the Username field
- Enter your OBU password in the Password field
- Select Next
- You should be connected to your OBU account and be prompted to select what data you want to import and sync to your iOS device.
CAUTION: if you select to sync contacts, all contacts from your OBU account will be synced to your device including all OBU email addresses currently active in the system. This may give you unwanted results.
- After making your selections, select Save to complete the setup.