Creating & Grading TurnItIn Assignments
This video will walk you through setting up an assignment to use the TurnItIn plagiarism checker inside of your Canvas course.
How to Create Turnitin Assignments:
- From within your course, open the Assignments tab
- Click +Assignment at the top right
- Fill in the normal assignment settings.
- When you arrive at Submission Type, click External Tool
- Click Find and locate Turnitin from the list of external tools.
- Click Save at the bottom. Don’t forget to publish as well!
- You will now see an empty Turnitin box where you will see student submissions.
How to access SpeedGrader:
- From an assignment/quiz page, click SpeedGrader at the top of the right-hand sidebar.
- Or, from a discussion board, click the Gear Icon and select SpeedGrader from the drop-down settings menu
- Or, from the course home page, click any assignment that needs to be graded under the To Do column on the right-hand sidebar
- Or, from the Gradebook, click the arrow next to the assignment name for a drop-down menu, and from here select SpeedGrader