For Canvas Technical Support
For OBU Support Services:
- M-F 7:30-am-5:00pmCall the Help Desk at 405-585-5200 or email email@example.com
- All other times 24/7 Contact the Online Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend that you copy your course instructor on relevant issues so the instructor is aware of pervasive or duplicated problems requiring emergency technical support or intervention.
The OBU Learning Center can assist you with many of your technical needs (logins, database access, submitting help desk tickets, etc) via online chat, screen-sharing, Skype, email, telephone, or in-person.
- Tutorials, guides, and contact information here: http://okbu.libguides.com
- Ask to speak with a librarian: 405-585-4500
Frequently Asked Questions
- OBU Technology “How-To” Guides: https://okbu.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/27000034937
- OBU Online Student Technology Support LibGuide: http://okbu.libguides.com/onlinesupport
~Recommended Minimum requirements for Student and Instructor computers~
Installed Operating Systems
- Windows 7 or Windows 8
- MAC OSX 10.6 and Newer
- To install programs, you must have an Administrator-level login on the computer.
- 1.5–3.0 mps (Mega Bits per Second) this is low end DSL connection. Anything lower will prevent successfulsupport using remote support software, downloading updates to programs.
- Latest version of FireFox Browser
- CPU: 2.0 Ghz Dual Core
- RAM: 4 GB
- Hard Disk: 5 GB free space on hard disk
- Display: XGA monitor with (1024x768) resolution and 65,536 (16 bit) colors or better. Recommended: SXGA(1280x1024) or higher with true color (32 bit).
Note: If computers do not meet these requirements for RAM, OS and/or Internet connect speed, technical support will be limited!!
- The Canvas mobile app is available for these systems:
- iOS 7 and newer
- Android 2.3 and newer
Canvas Supported Screen Readers for those who have difficulty reading the screen
- Mac: VoiceOver (The latest version of Safari)
- PC: JAWS (Latest version for Firefox)
- There is no screen reader support for Canvas in Chrome