Recoding and Adding Videos to Canvas
This video will walk you through the steps needed to record and add videos to Canvas courses.
To add videos to announcements, pages, or assignments via a web browser:
- Open the editor for the location in which you want to add video, or choose to add new content.
- Select the Record/Upload Video icon .
- Ensure the correct Mic and Webcam are selected by clicking on those buttons.
- When ready to record, select Start Recording. A 3 second countdown will commence.
- Click Finish when complete. Type in the title of the video, and select save.
- It will take several seconds to process, so remain patient, even if it appears that nothing is occurring. When complete, a video icon will be shown in the editor. Add any additional content if you desire. Select save when finished.
To add videos to announcements, pages, or assignments via the Canvas mobile app:
- Open the editor for the location in which you want to add video, or choose the + icon to add new content.
- Type in your title and/or content, if needed.
- Select the attachment icon at the top of the screen and then select the + icon.
- Choose whether you want to record audio, use your camera, upload a file, or choose a video previously recorded. To record new content, choose Use Camera.
- Swap to your front facing camera and select Video (as opposed to Photo).
- Select the red record icon, then record your video. Select the stop icon when complete.
- Preview your video and select Use Video if satisfied. If not, select Retake.
- Select Done to attach the video to your content.
- Add/Edit any additional details. When complete, select Done to post.