The OBU VPN (Virtual Private Network) creates a secure connection from an off-campus location and allows a user to access secure systems just as if they were on campus.
This install is only intended for use on OBU owned devices as we cannot support technical issues with personal devices connecting to the OBU VPN.
A VPN connection is NOT REQUIRED for off-campus access to the following systems:
- Self-Service Banner
A VPN connection is REQUIRED for off-campus access to the following systems:
- Banner 9 (Native Banner)
- Network Drives (H, O, P drives)
- Banner Finance Tab
- Degree Works
How to Connect:
- Open Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- On a Windows PC click the search button next to the start menu and search for AnyConnect
- On a Mac click the search icon at the top right of the screen and type AnyConnect
- If you don't have the AnyConnect client already installed scroll to the bottom of the page to download the correct version for you operating system (Windows or MacOS) and install the client before continuing.
- Open the AnyConnect client and enter firepower.okbu.edu in the connection box and click Connect
- Follow any popups to allow system extensions, keychain access, or system access.
- At the login prompt enter:
Password: OBU Email Password
- The client should login and begin establishing VPN connection
- Any updates will automatically be installed
- Once connection completes you should see an AnyConnect icon with a lock indicating a secure connection at the top of your screen (for Mac) or in the bottom right corner (for a PC).
- Once connected, you may connect any needed software (i.e. Novel, OES, network drives) or log into any systems (i.e. Banner, Finance Tab, Blackboard) and continue to work as usual.
- Click (or right click for PC) the AnyConnect icon and click disconnect