OBU provides virtual Windows desktops for use in computer labs across campus as well as for staff and faculty use when a user needs to work inside the OBU network from an off-campus or personal computer.
Logging into a VM (Virtual machine) functions just as if you were logging into a Windows computer, but can run through a web browser with no need to install additional software.
NOTE: Only some users have access to virtual machines. If you believe you need access to work from home or other situations please have a supervisor contact the HelpDesk to have a VM setup for your use.
How to Connect to a VM
- Open a web browser (we recommend Chrome) and go to https://view2.okbu.edu/
- Click the VM Horizon HTML Access button to log in without installing anything on your computer.
- Enter your first.last name (like your email address) and then your OBU email password and click Login
- You will see any available virtual machines that you have been assigned. Select on (probably Office Desktop) to boot up the VM.
- You will see a normal Windows 10 loading screen as the virtual computer boots up and prepares for use.
- Once the login has completed you will have a normal Windows desktop and can begin working just as if you were at a computer on the OBU campus.
- To close the session, simply close your browser window or close your VM client.
How to Log Back in After a Timeout
- If your VM goes to sleep/screensaver and puts you back to the windows login page you will not be able to input Ctrl+Alt+Delete from your keyboard.
- You will need to click the gray TAB to open the VM options menu
- Then select the keyboard icon at the top of the screen to input Ctrl+Alt+Delete
- You can then log back into the VM using your OBU email password